- 1. Make a few slits on both sides of the fishes.
- 2. Mix salt, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, red chilli and ginger-garlic paste and lemon juice in a bowl.
- 3. Marinate the fish with the above mixture and let it sit in the fridge for 3-4 hours. Heat oil in a pan, slightly roast the fish on both sides but not fully cooked. Take out the fish and set aside. (If there is any liquid from the marinade left, keep it aside for further use.)
- 4. In the pan add little oil and splutter mustard seeds. Now add fenugreek powder, green chillies, curry leaves, and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- 5. Add tomatoes, ginger-garlic, leftover marinade and sauté until the tomatoes become soft. Add thick coconut milk and salt to the spices and sauté on low heat until the spice mixture thickens and reduces to about half the original quantity. Add fish and coat it thoroughly with the gravy and immediately put off the flame.
- 6. Now wrap each fish along with 4-5 lemon slices each (2-3 on each side) in a piece of banana leaf with the help of tooth pick.
- 7. Bake at 200c for 15 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges and onions, serve hot.
Comments are closed.