“Leftover Aloo ki Sabzi” to “Sandwich”
Yesterday we had a party at our home. I prepared “Aloo Ki Sabzi”, “Chicken Curry”, Malai Kofta, “Chicken Biryani” and “Nan” in main-course. I found my guests were more interested in Biryani and Chicken. They were giving less notice in “aloo ki sabzi”. As a result, a bowl of “Aloo ki sabzi” was left. Next day, my husband and kids refused to have same “aloo ki sabzi”. Now I was confused what to do?? I had prepared this vegetable with lots of interest and effort for party. I added lots of ingredients for its preparation. Now, I was not at all in a mood to waste it. I decided to reuse and to make something interesting.
I took the vegetables in a bowl and mashed potatoes properly. Then I added crushed cottage cheese and mixed it with chopped onion and coriander leaves. Then I spread this mixture over a slice of bread and sprinkled little tomato sauce. Covered this with another piece of bread and prepared sandwich in sandwich maker.
Trust me the taste of sandwich was amazing. My husband told me that he never had such delicious sandwich. My kids also finished everything in no time rather they demanded it again. Now it is a regular breakfast at my family. I always make “aloo ki sabzi” in higher quantity and keep little for next day sandwich.
How to make “Leftover Aloo ki Sabzi” to “Sandwich”
|Aalo ki sabzi||1 small bowl|
|Cottage cheese (paneer), crushed||1 cup|
|Onion (payaz), chopped||3-4 table spoons|
|Green coriander (hara dhaniya), chopped||2-3 table spoons|
|Butter||as per taste|
|Tomato sauce||4-6 table spoons|
|Bread slices||8 pieces|
- 1. Take “Aalo ki Sabzi” in a big bowl. Mash potatoes properly and mix the gravy also. (If you find gravy is on higher side then drain it).
- 2. Now add cottage cheese and mix properly. It should look paste.
- 3. Now add chopped coriander and onions and mix everything properly.
- 4. Spread 2 table spoons of this mixture on a slice of bread and sprinkle tomato sauce over it.
- 5. Cover this with another piece of bread.
- 6. Now apply butter on both sides of bread and prepare sandwiches in sandwich maker.
- You can apply a layer of cheese on one side of bread for better taste.