Suji Veggi Pav
Suji veggi pav is a nutritious snack, which can be an excellent choice for both moms and kids for lunch box. It is prepared with bun, and if wheat bun is used this makes the snack more healthy. Wheat buns are good source of carbohydrate and are necessary for children. In this recipe semolina, butter milk and mixed vegetables are used. These three ingredients are good sources of essential nutrients, but usually difficult to provide it to child. Semolina is a source of carbohydrate, butter milk is a source of protein and vegetables are source of vitamins and minerals. And the final topping is done with Children’s all time favourite cheese. No need to say that this makes the recipe yummy for kids. The Suji veggi pav are cooked in butter, which makes the recipe more delicious. To offer more flavour tomato sauce and oregano are used; this makes the recipe lip-smacking for kids.
Essential nutrients are necessary for child growth but very difficult for moms to feed kids in right amount. Usually, kids relish junk foods and most of them avoid eating healthy foods. This snack will be good for them as it contains good quantity of nutrition and is delicious.
How to make Sugi Veggi Pav
|Semolina (suji)||1 cup|
|Butter milk (chhachh)||1 cup|
|Carrot (gazar), grated||2 table spoons|
|Capsicum (shimla), grated||2 table spoons|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Red chilli flakes (kuti lal mirch)||to taste|
|Mozzarella chesses (grated)||6-8 table spoons|
|Tomato sauce||6-8 table spoons|
|Butter 7-8||table spoons|
- 1. Mix semolina in butter milk and leave it for 2 hours. Soaking of semolina in butter milk is necessary step for this recipe.
- 2. Once semolina gets soaked properly then add grated vegetables, salt and chilli flakes in it and mix the mixture and keep aside.
- 3. Cut the bun into two slices and set aside.
- 4. Heat little butter in a pan and put a slice of bread on it.
- 5. On another side of bread, put 2-3 table spoons of semolina mixture and spread it over the bread.
- 6. Turn the side of bread and cook it (preferably) on low flame.
- 7. Again turn the side and sprinkle the cheese over the semolina mixture.
- 8. Then add a table spoon of tomato sauce and little oregano over the cheese and let it cook on low flame for further 3-4 minutes.
- 9. Put the flame off and pack this in your kid’s lunch box with some sauce.
- Carrot and capsicum can be replaced with grated mixed vegetables or any other vegetable of your choice.
- If you want to prepare this in morning and you don't have soaking time then mix semolina- butter milk in night and keep this mixture in refrigerator overnight.