Creamy Spinach Toast Recipe
Spinach (palak) is widely regarded as a super-food. It contains a high amount of iron, which is a boon for anaemic patients. It also contains vitamins and fibres which is good for health. Spinach with creamy and cheesy tastes simply out of heaven. In this recipe, I have incorporated sweet corn and onion (pyaaz) into the topping, along with spinach. Star step of this recipe is that no cream has been used in this recipe. The creamy texture of sandwich is obtained by using milk and corn flour together. This mixture has to be heated and cooked for some time to obtain creamy consistency. Spices can be added according to taste. This spinach mixture is then spread on top of bread pieces, along with some butter and cheese, and cooked in the oven. Tabasco sauce can also be added as dressing, as its fiery flavour brings out the best in cheese. This recipe has the dual advantage of being easy to make and requiring minimal amount of cooking time. These creamy spinach toasts make for a wonderful and nutritious breakfast item, much to both parents’ and kids’ delight.
If you are looking for similar recipes, do check Coriander Paneer sandwich, Hot vermicelli Toast, Twisted Bread Pizza,Veggi Egg Toast recipe.
How to make Creamy Spinach Toast Recipe
|Grated cheese||3 table spoons|
|Cheese spread||4 table spoons|
|Tabasco sauce||to taste|
For Spinach Topping
|Spinach (palak)||4 cups|
|Sweet corn , boiled & crushed||¼ cup|
|Onion (payaz), chopped||1|
|Green chilies (hari mirch), chopped||2|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Corn flour||1 table spoon|
|Butter||1 table spoon|
|Oregano||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
For Spinach Topping
- 1. Wash and chop spinach into small pieces.
- 2. Peel and chop onion in small pieces. Wash and chop green chilies also into small pieces.
- 3. Boil sweet corns in a pan for 10 minutes, crush them and keep aside.
- 4. Mix the corn flour in milk mixture and set aside.
- 5. Heat a pan and add little butter in it. Add onion and cook it for 1 minute.
- 6. Add the green chilies, spinach, salt and soda bi-carbonate and cook it for 2 minutes.
- 7. Once enough water comes out switch off the gas and drain out the water properly.
- 8. Heat another pan and add little butter in it. Put sweet corn and sauté it for 2 minutes. Add the drained spinach and mix it well.
- 9. Add milk and corn flour mixture and cook until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- 10. Add salt, pepper and oregano in the mixture and put the flame off.
- 11. Now cool the stuffing for 10 minutes before use.
- 1. Cut bread into two pieces and spread a little butter on both sides of the bread.
- 2. Put little cheese spread on one side of bread and then spread some spinach mixture on it.
- 3. Sprinkle some grated cheese on the top.
- 4. Put some Tabasco sauce over it (Optional).
- 5. Now cook it in a hot oven at 180 degree C for 4-5 minutes. Serve it hot.
- Recipe Type : Kidz Tiffin, Snacks, Vegetarian snacks
No comments yet.