Palak Mushroom Omelette Recipe
Omelette is my all-time favourite dish. I frequently try to experiment with the classic omelette recipe and come up with new variations, much to the delight of my guests. In this recipe, I have tried to give omelette a desi spin by adding spinach (palak) and mushroom to it. This dish makes for a wholesome and tasty breakfast.
The spinach is washed properly and cooked in a pressure cooker. On cooling, it is made into a ground paste. Chopped onions (pyaaz) and garlics (lahsan) are sautéed with a variety of spices. These spices can be added according to taste. The spinach paste and milk (doodh) is added to these fried vegetables, to obtain a thick consistency and cooked for a while. In a separate pan, sliced mushrooms are fried with some seasoning. An egg is beaten with the cooked spinach-milk mixture in a bowl. Subsequently, it is spread onto a heated greased pan and sprinkled with the mushroom slices. This omelette is then allowed to cook on a low flame. Palak Mushroom Omelette can be served hot with buttered bread slices, along with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Trust me; your kids will love it.
How to make Palak Mushroom Omelette
|Spinach (palak)||100 gram|
|Mushrooms , finally chopped||4-5|
|Onions (payaz)finely chopped||1 small|
|Garlic (lahsan) finely chopped||2 table spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh) finely chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Green chilli (hari mirch) finely chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam masala)||1 tea spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Milk (doodh)||4 table spoon|
|Grated cheese||1 table spoon|
|Butter||1 table spoon|
|Vegetables oil||2-3 table spoon|
- 1. Clean, wash and chop spinach and cook it in the pressure cooker for one whistle.
- 2. Let it cool and then grind it.
- 3. Thinly slice mushrooms and keep aside.
- 4. Now heat another pan and put 1 table spoon of vegetable oil in it.
- 5. Once it is heated add onions, green chillies, garlic and ginger, cook it till onion becomes brown.
- 6. Add chilli powder, pepper powder and cook it for further 2-3 minutes.
- 7. Now add blended spinach, milk and salt and cover it and let it cook on low flame for 7-8 minutes. Once done remove it from flame.
- 8. In another pan heat little oil, add mushrooms and stir it for 4-5 minutes. Add salt and black pepper and keep it aside.
- 9. Break eggs in a big bowl add salt and cooked spinach and beat it properly.
- 10. Heat little oil in a pan, add egg and spread it little with a help of spatula.
- 11. Sprinkle mushrooms on top and cover the pan and let it cook on very low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- 12. Once done put the flame off and cut it into pieces before serving.