Crispy Lotus Stem Recipe
Crispy Lotus Stem is a hot and spicy delicious recipe. Its mind- blowing crispiness makes the dish fabulous. It is a Party snacks, that can be served with Cocktails or Mock tails.
Lotus stem recipes are delicacy for Indian cuisine. This aquatic plant, which grows in few places are thus sometimes very expensive.
Lotus stems are beneficial for health. Lotus stem contains many essential vitamins, minerals and helps in formation of Red Blood cells. It also increases the body immunity. They are rich in dietary fibres and low on saturated fats.
Crispy Lotus is prepared with semolina (suji) and refined flour (maida). Proportion of both ingredients used in the recipe is very important. The amount of semolina used, should be double of the refined flour. For flavour crushed green chillies and garlic is used. Use of sesame seeds, chilli flakes and black pepper are used to enhance flavour. Frying is the main key for this recipe. It should be fried in hot oil otherwise, it will become soggy.
How to make Crispy Lotus Stem Recipe
|Lotus stem (kamal kakdi), slices||1 cup|
|Vegetable Oil||for frying|
|Plain flour (maida)||4 table spoon|
|Semolina (Suji)||8 table spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan) paste||1 tea spoon|
|Red chilli (lal mirch), paste||1 table spoon|
|Pepper powder (kali mirch)||½ tea spoon|
- 1. Clean and cut slices of lotus stem and parboil it for 7-8 minutes.
- 2. Once done drain water and keep aside.
- 3. For the batter - Mix the flour, semolina, garlic, red chilli paste and salts with enough water to make a thick batter coating vegetables.
- 4. Dip lotus stem slices in the batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- 5. Drain and serve “Crisp Lotus Stem Recipe” with chutney and dips.