Bedami Puri Recipe
Bedami Puri is a very common breakfast in Delhi and UP. It is prepared with Wheat and dehusked black gram lentil (Urad Daal). Different spices are added to enhance it’s taste. Once dough is prepared, it is kept for rest for at least one hour for best result. It goes very nice with Aalo ki sabzi. Whenever there is some occasion or some guests are expected Bedami is prepared in this region. Its very healthy as it is prepared with wheat flour and de- husked split black gram lentil flour. Both these ingredients are very rich nutritional value.
|Wheat flour (Atta)||2.5 cups|
|Split black gram lentil flour (Urad ka aata)||1 cup|
|Red chilli powder (lal Mirch)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Black pepper powder (Kali Mirch)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Coriander powder (Dhaniya)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Cumin powder (jeera)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Salt (Namak)||to taste|
|Clarified butter (Ghee)||250 ml|
- 1. Mix all the ingredients except oil in a bowl.
- 2. Add 2-3 table spoon of clarified butter in it.
- 3. Make soft dough with help of water.
- 4. Keep this dough on rest for 1 hour.
- 5. Now make small Puris with this dough.