Amra Ki Sabzi
Amra ki Sabzi is a fruit which is popular in Bihar and Bengal region of India. These fruit are sour in taste and is usually used for preparation of Pickles, Jams and Chutney. It is a tasty fruit and sometimes curries are also prepared with it. Amra curry is very popular in Bihar. Usually the gravy is prepared with mustard. Plenty of green chillies are used in the recipe to reduce the tanginess of Amra. In few areas it is also prepared with garlic and coriander seeds.
Here I am giving the traditional recipe of Bihar where curry is prepared with mustard paste. Try this hot tangy curry trust me you shall love it.
How to make Amra Ki Sabzi
|Green Chillies ( Hari mirch)||150 grams|
|Turmeric (Haldi) powder||1/2 tea spooon|
|Mustard Seeds (Sarso)||1/4 cup|
|Mustard Oil (Sarso ka tel)||4 table spoons|
- 1. Make a paste of mustard seeds with water and leave it for one hour before use. (Immediate use of mustard gives a bitter taste to the gravy).
- 2. Clean and wash Amra and green chillies and cut then into half.
- 3. Pour oil in a pan, put ground paste of mustard seeds.
- 4. Immediately add little (1/4 cup) water and once water gets dry add turmeric powder and cook it till oil gets separated. (Pouring of water to mustard paste at this stage really gives an excellent taste to the dish.)
- 5. Now, add Amra and green chillies and cook it on low flame for 10-12 minutes.
- 6. Then Pour 1 cup of hot water and salt and prepare thick gravy.
- 7. Remove it from flame and serve.