Shahi Tukda Recipe
Shahi Tukda is a very popular dessert of India. It is equally relished in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal.It is also popular dessert in Middle East. This dessert has been originated in Mughal Empire. This delight is served towards the end of a feast. This makes a great dessert for parties.
Bread is deep fried in clarified butter (ghee) till golden, then dipped in flavored syrup and then garnished with condensed milk and nuts. For topping condensed milk is used, which can be prepared be by thickening of milk or may be used tinned, which is easily available in market. In this recipe I am using “mawa” (dried evaporated milk), which is a magnificent alternative and gives amazing taste to the recipe.
“Shahi Bread Mitha Recipe“ and “Stuffed Shahi Tukda Recipe” are other related dessert recipies, which you may like.
Mawa Roti Roll our another interesting recipe from Left over section, which you can try with your Left over Rotis.
How to make Shahi Tukda Recipe
|Vegetable oil||For frying|
For Sugar syrup
|Sugar (chini)||1/2 cup|
|Saffron threads (kesar)||pinch|
|Dried Rose petals (gulab ki pankhudi)||1 tea spoon|
|Almonds and Pistachios, finely chopped||4-5 table spoon|
|Dried milk (mawa)||4-6 table spoon|
- 1. Cut bread into two pieces.
- 2. Heat a pan and add enough vegetable oil in it. When it is hot, deep fry the bread pieces in batches. (If needed add more oil)
- 3. Once done, remove and keep it aside.
For Sugar Syrup
- 1. In a pan, take the sugar and water, bring to boil. Continue simmering till the syrup becomes of 1 thread consistency.
- 2. Switch off the flame and add saffron threads and dried rose petals.
- 1. Take dried milk, sliced almonds and pistachios in a bowl.
- 2. Mix them well and keep aside.
How to proceed
- 1. Dip the fried bread into sugar syrup, remove it and arrange it on a plate.
- 2. Top it with a spoon of topping and serve.