Moong Dal pakoda is a delicacy of Rajasthan. It is prepared almost whole year but most commonly prepared during Holi. I rememeber in my childhood, my mom and her friends, all draped with colorful lehngas used to sit together in “Angana” enjoyed delicious pakoda with hot green chutney and their non stop laughter. Moong dal pakoda is also prepared for family and guests in morning or evening snacks.
|Green Gram Split (Moong dal)||250 gm|
|Coriander Powder (dhaniya)||1/2 t sp|
|Green Chillies (hari mirch)||3-4 pc|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||1/2 t sp|
|Asafoetida (hing)||1 pinch|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Coriander leaves||1 bunch|
|Green chillies||4 pieces|
- 1. Soak green gram split (moong chilka) for 3 hrs.
- 2. After 3-4 hours, wash it for 3-4 times.
- 3. Now grind this in a mixer. Traditionally for grinding "Sil Batta" is used.
- 4. After grinding, add asafoetida and coriander powder and beat this well for atleast 15 minutes. This will make your pakoda very soft.
- 5. Now leave this mixture for 15 minutes.
- 6. Now add salt and green chillies.
- 7. Heat oil and make small pakoras and fry it well.
- 8. Serve warm pakoda with hot green chutney
- 1. Wash, clean and chop coriander leaves.
- 2. Wash and cut tomatoes and green chilies.
- 3. take everything in mixy jar, add asafoetida (hing) and salt and grind it properly.
- Recipe Type : Customer's Recipe, Rajasthan, Regional, Snacks
No comments yet.