For Hari Mirch Ki Sabzi Recipe
|Green chilies (not of the hot variety)||10 piece|
|Tamarind (imli) pulp||1 table spoon|
|Mustard (sarso) seeds||1/2 tea spoon|
|Curry leaves(curry patta)||10 -12 leaves|
|Vegetable oil||4 table spoon|
|Red chili powder (lal mirch)||1/2 tea spoon|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||1/2 tea spoon|
Spices to paste
|Fresh coconut (nariyel)||1/2 cup|
|Peanuts (moongphali)||1/4 table spoon|
|Sesame seeds (safed til)||1 table spoon|
|Onion (payaz), sliced||1 medium|
|Garlic (lahsan), chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh), chopped||1/2 tea spoon|
For spice preparation
- 1. Heat little oil in a pan and lightly fry onions. Add garlic and ginger and cook it for 1 more minute.
- 2. Now add fresh coconut and cook it till it becomes brown.
- 3. Later, add ground nuts and sesame seeds to this mixture and cook it for further 2 minutes.
- 4. Put the flame off and let it cool completely.
- 5. Now make a smooth paste of the above mixture by adding little water.
- 1. Rinse and wipe green chilies. Slit chilies vertically but keep the crown intact.
- 2. Heat about 2 table spoon oil in a pan.
- 3. Fry chilies lightly, remove this from oil and keep aside.
- 4. Now in same pan add more oil. Add mustard seeds and fry till they pop. Add curry leaves and cook it for 30 seconds.
- 5. Now add ground spice paste with some turmeric and red chilli powder.
- 6. Cook this till oil separates from spices.
- 7. Now add salt, tamarind pulp and 2 cups of water and let it simmer for 5 minutes
- 8. Add fried green chilies and simmer for 7-9 minutes more.
- 9. Put the flame off and serve this hot.