Dhingri Dolma Recipe
Dhingri Dolma Recipe is a popular Nawabi Awadhi recipe. This recipe has got two important ingredients Mushrooms and Paneer.
Nothing is complicated in this dish, but amazingly tasty. This is easy to make recipe and goes fine with any Indian bread like Naan or Lahsuni naan. I have picked this dish from one of my cousin, who stays in Luck now. She prepares wonderful Awadhi cuisines and trust me this is one of her best recipe. When Mushrooms- Paneer is cooked with onion-tomato base it gives amazing flavor. A blend of clarified butter with caraway seeds is the secret of recipe.
Another vegetarian Lucknow curry that I have already added is Nimona.
How to make Dhingri Dolma Recipe
|Button mushrooms, halved||15- 20 pieces|
|Cottage cheese ( paneer), crushed||1 cup|
|Clarified butter ( ghee)||4-5 table spoons|
|Caraway seeds (shahi jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Onions (payaz), finely chopped||1 cup|
|Tomato (tamater), finely chopped||½ cup|
|Ginger-garlic (adrakh) paste||1 tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Red chilli (lal mirch) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam masala)||½ tea spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh) , julienne||for garnishing|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)||for garnishing|
- 1. Wash, drain and chop mushrooms in quarters and set aside.
- 2. Crush cottage cheese with soft hand and keep them aside.
- 3. Melt clarified butter (ghee) in a pan. Add caraway seeds and let them crackle.
- 4. Then add onions and sauté them till they turn light brown and now add garlic ginger paste.
- 5. Stir it for a minute and then add tomatoes.
- 6. Once tomatoes becomes soft add red chilli, and black pepper and salt.
- 7. Stir it for a minute and add mushrooms and cook it on low flame till the water dries completely and mushrooms are almost cooked.
- 8. Then add the crushed cottage cheese (paneer) and cook it for further 3-4 minutes.
- 9. Sprinkle hot spices powder and switch off the flame.
- 10. Garnish it with chopped coriander and ginger julienne and serve this with chapatti or nan.
- Recipe Type : Curries, Lucknow, Mushroom curries, Paneer curries, Regional, Vegetarian
No comments yet.