Aloo Paratha Recipe
Aloo Paratha Recipe is one of the most popular and loved Punjabi stuffed Paratha, not only in Punjab but is relished all over India. In Punjab it is a popular breakfast but one can have it in lunch, as well as dinner as it is easy to cook and at the same time is a complete food, full filling the body’s requirement of carbohydrate(from wheat flour) , fat(from butter) n protein (from curd). One can have it with butter and curd; some people also relish it with pickles like mango or lemon. Aloo Paratha rolled with ketchup is all time favourite with kids, as its soft and once it is rolled with tomato ketchup, it just satisfy their taste buds. It is cooked easily by preparing stuffing of boiled and mashed potatoes with some chopped onions and green chilles. Garam masala and amchur (dry mango powder) is added to bring tanginess to it. Some people don’t eat onions, in that case it can be made without onions also, taste remains the same. Once the stuffing is prepared, put a spoon of it on the whole wheat roll that was made by knead dough, fold it n start rolling again. Once you are done with the roll, fry it on tawa using oil. Serve it hot with white butter, pickle and curd.
How to make Aloo Paratha Recipe
|Potatoes (aalo) 4||4-5 medium|
|Onion (payaz), finely chopped||4 table spoons|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||2 table spoons|
|Red chilli flakes (kuti lal mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam masala)||¼ tea spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Dry mango powder (amchoor)||1 tea spoon|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), chopped||4-5 table spoons|
|Salt (namak) to taste|
|Whole wheat flour||2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||1 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||½ cup for cooking|
- 1. Boil, peel and mash potatoes.
- 2. Mix the mashed potatoes, onion, green chillies, red chilli flakes, black pepper, hot spices and dry mango powder, coriander leaves and salt. Mash well.
- 3. Mix, wheat flour, salt and 1 table spoon of oil. Make soft dough with it.
- 4. Make a round flat roti from the whole wheat kneaded dough.
- 5. Roll it into a size of normal roti and cook it on a hot griddle.
- 6. Roast with at least 2 teaspoons of clarified butter on both the sides.
- 7. Serve hot with white butter on the top and curd.