Leftover Bread to Delicious Fry
Normally, we have bread toast with butter or jam for breakfast in our house. Bread contains carbohydrates and is a filling food item. But by the time my kids have lunch break in their school, they are completely famished. To solve this issue, I came up with a recipe that makes use of bread, eggs and some vegetables and is thus very satisfying. For this, the eggs are first beaten and then fried in small amount of oil. These fried eggs are sliced into thin strips. To reduce the amount of oil in this dish, boiled egg can also be used as a substitute for fried egg. Sautéed onion, garlic and mushrooms are stirred with some spices. These spices can be added according to taste. Any other vegetable like cottage cheese (paneer), potato (aloo), etc. can be used too instead of mushroom. The bread pieces, egg strips and red chilli sauce are added to this mixture and allowed to cook for some time. The sauce makes the dish juicier and gives a hint of spice. Coriander leaves (dhaniya) are used for garnishing. These crispy fries are scrumptious as well as nutritious.
How to make Leftover Bread to Delicious Fry
|Bread sides or bread pieces||2 cup|
|Onion (payaz), sliced||½ cup|
|Mushroom, halfed||4-5 pieces|
|Capsicum (Shimla), sliced||½ cup|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), slit||2 pieces|
|Red chilli flakes (kuta lal mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Red chilli sauce||2 table spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan) crushed||1 tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), chopped||2 table spoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 table spoon|
- 1. Crack eggs add salt and black pepper and beat it.
- 2. Heat 2 tea spoons of oil in a small pan, add blended egg and spread it lightly.
- 3. Let it cook for 2 minutes and fold it.
- 4. Put the flame off and cut eggs into thin strips.
- 5. Take another big pan and heat oil.
- 6. Add mushrooms and stir it for 2-3 minutes.
- 7. Now add onion, garlic, slit green chillies and chilli flakes and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- 8. Add the bread pieces, salt and black pepper and mix.
- 9. Add sauce and egg stripes and cook it for further 2 minutes.
- 10. Put the flame off and garnish it with green coriander.
- Boiled eggs can also be used instead of fried eggs.
- Vegetables of your choice can be added instead of mushrooms.