Twisted Egg Toast Recipe
Toast with scrambled eggs is one of my favourite items on the breakfast menu. But I got bored of it after a while. I decided to experiment with the dish in a way that the essence of the dish remained intact. If anything, things only got more creative and fancier.
In this recipe, I have taken a bread piece, and applied mayonnaise and butter on one side of it each. A big hole is made in the centre of another bread piece, which is coated with tomato sauce on one side. Assembling this dish is the most interesting part. The holed bread piece is mounted on top of the mayonnaise side of the other piece, and egg mixture is poured to fill up this hole. A dash of spices is used for seasoning, which can be added according to taste. Chopped capsicums are sprinkled on top. Onions and tomatoes can also be used for this purpose. The oven is pre-heated to the correct temperature, and the sandwich is allowed to bake in it until it becomes crispy. Enjoy the burst of flavour with every bite of the twisted egg toast, as the smooth egg liquid oozes into your mouth. Serve with hot tea or coffee.
How to make Twisted Egg Toast
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||1 table spoon|
|Chili flakes (kuti lal mirch)||1 table spoon|
|Capsicum (shimla), chopped||2 table spoons|
|Mayonnaise||2 table spoons|
|Tomato sauce||2 table spoons|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Butter (makhhan)||2 table spoon|
- 1. Take one piece of bread and apply mayonnaise on one side of bread and butter on other side.
- 2. Cut another piece of bread from center and apply tomato sauce on one side.
- 3. Place the sauce side of cut bread over the mayonnaise side of full bread.
- 4. Put eggs in center of bread (if you want, you can remove egg white and only add yolk).
- 5. Sprinkle salt, red chilli powder and black pepper over the egg yolk.
- 6. Top it with chopped capsicum.
- 7. Pre heat oven at 180 C and bake the bread till it becomes crisp.
- 8. Enjoy “Twisted Egg Toast” with hot coffee.