Cute Puri Sandwiches Recipe
My kids love sandwiches, but I always have a hitch to feed them with bread on daily basis. I wanted them to feed with homemade Roti, Dosa or Uttapam but they always demand for Sandwich. I didn’t want to dishearten my kids, but definitely wanted to feed them with some healthy food. Then I decided to make some twist in their sandwich. I replaced the bread with puri and prepared an interesting filling for it. It was a big hit for me as my kids relished it a lot. Now, I prepare this recipe on demand.
Puri is the Indian version of deep-fried bread, very popular all over India. I prepared small puris for it. All-purpose flour (maida) and wheat flour (atta) have been used to make the puri dough. These flours are combined with melted butter (pighla makhhan) and curd (dahi), along with some spices. These spices can be added according to taste small round puris are prepared. These are then deep-fried in a hot pan.
For the stuffing, I have used grated cheese and cream as kids completely adore cheese. Chopped onion (pyaaz) is added along with some oregano and spices and mixed well. This stuffing is then placed between two small puris, and garnished with chopped coriander (dhaniya) and tomatoes (tamatar). These can be enjoyed with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Kids don’t require anything else for enjoying it…just serve them.
If you are looking for more innovative snacks do check Twisty Chatkara, Nutty Potatoes, Soya Malai chaap, Crispy lotus stem
How to make Cute Puri Sandwiches
|All purpose flour (maida)||50 gm|
|Wheat Flour (aata)||50 gm|
|Melted butter (pighla makhhan)||1 table spoon|
|Curd (dahi)||1/2 cup|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Vegetable Oil||for frying|
|Thick Cream||6 table spoons|
|Cheese cubes, grated||7-8 table spoons|
|Onion (payaz), finely chopped||2 table spoond|
|Chilli flakes (kuti lal mirch)||to taste|
|Oeragano||1/2 tea spoons|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Tomato cut in small cubes||1 table spoon|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||1 table spoon|
- 1. Grate cheese and keep it in a bowl.
- 2. Peel and chop onion into small pieces and mix it in grated cheese. Add cream in this mixture till a smooth paste is obtained.
- 3. Add chili flakes and oregano and mix it well and keep aside.
- 1. Mix all purpose flour and wheat flour in a bowl. Add salt and red chili powder in it.
- 2. Rub melted butter into the flour.
- 3. Add curd and make stiff dough which can be easily rolled out.
- 4. Cover the dough with muslin cloth and leave it for 1 hour.
- 5. Divide the dough into two parts and roll out each part into two large rounds
- 6. Now cut small round puris with the help of small bottle cap.
- 7. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry puries.
- 8. Put the stuffing between two small puries. (It will look like cute small sandwich).
- 9. Top it with chopped coriander, tomato
- 10. Serve "Cute Puri sandwiches” with a cup of tea.
- Recipe Type : Kidz Tiffin, Party snacks, Snacks, Vegetarian snacks
No comments yet.