Twisty Chatkhara Recipe
Twisty Chatkhara Recipe is beautiful and delicious snack can be your party snatcher recipe. A slight innovation can make your guests astonished. For this recipe, a cone is prepared with refined flour. Thin strips are cut and are rolled around mould, and are deep fried into hot oil. Stuffing is prepared with boiled peas and potatoes. For flavour roasted cumin and coriander leaves are added. Hot Hare Dhaniya ki chutney is added for extra flavour. When cones are filled with hot-tangy delicious stuffing, the dish becomes irresistible. This tongue twisting dish is amazing and believe me you will enjoy the recipe.
How to make Twisty Chatkhara Recipe
|All purpose flour (maida)||1 cup|
|Melted clarified (ghee)||2 table spoon|
|Carom seeds (ajwain)||¼ tea spoon|
|Potatoes (aalo)||2 medium|
|Green Peas (matar)||½ cup|
|Onion (payaz), finely chopped||2 table spoon|
|Green Chilies (hari mirch), finely chopped||1|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)||¼ cup|
|Red chili (lal mirch) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Roasted cumin (jeera)||½ tea spoon|
|Green chutney||4 table spoons|
|Black salt (kala namak)||to taste|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
- 1. Mix salt and carom seeds in the flour. Add hot ghee in it and make hard dough by adding enough water.
- 2. Cover it with moist muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- 3. Now divide the dough into two parts and roll them on a floored surface (Roll it into oval shape).
- 4. Now cut it into thin strips.
- 5. Take 4-5 cones and grease them lightly.
- 6. Now roll thin stripes on it (depicted in picture).
- 7. If you are joining two stripes, use some water and stick them properly.
- 8. Repeat this with all other cones.
- 9. Heat enough oil in a pan.
- 10. Once done fry those on very low flame till become brown.
- 11. Now remove them from flame and cool it.
- 12. Once it cools completely, remove the cone (Do it with light hand, otherwise cone can crack).
- 1. Boil potatoes, peel and chop them coarsely.
- 2. Boil peas, drain and keep it separately.
- 3. In a bowl mix chopped potatoes, boiled peas, onion, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- 4. Now add salt, black salt, roasted cumin and red chillies and mix them well.
- 5. Then add coriander chutney and lemon juice and mix it.
- 1. Take a cone and fill it with prepared stuffing.
- 2. Repeat the process with other cones also and serve your “Twisty chatkara”.
- You can also add sweet chutney and sev to the stuffing.