Cheesy Palak Chila Recipe
Cheesy Palak Cheela Recipe is an interesting recipe for kids. Its bright green colour attracts the kids, where as its cheesy taste tempt them. It is a rich source of nutrition as it is prepared of rice, lentil, spinach, vegetables and cheese. Rice is a good source of carbohydrate, whereas lentils are source of protein. Vegetables and spinach provides the vitamins and minerals.
Its flavour usually kids like as it contains cheese, which kids always love. Mom is also happy because her little one is getting proper nutrition. For a variation you can add grated beet root in batter, this will give red colour to your chila.
How to make Cheesy Palak Chila
|Rice (chawal)||1/2 cup|
|Gram lentil (chana dal)||1/2 cup|
|Gralic (lahsan), crushed||1 tea spoon|
|Vegetable Oil||1/4 cup|
|Salt (namak), Black pepper (kali mirch)||to taste|
|Vegetables of choice (finely chopped)||to taste|
- 1. Soak rice and lentil together in a bowl for 5-6 hours.
- 2. Once soaked properly, grind the well in a blender.
- 3. Cut cheese slices into stripes and keep aside.
- 4. Finely chop vegetables and keep aside.
- 5. Wash and boil spinach and grind them to make smooth paste.
- 6. Mix spinach paste in rice-lentil mixture.
- 7. Add garlic, black pepper and salt and mix them well.
- 8. Heat a non-stick pan and add a spool full batter on it.
- 9. Roll it with spoon like pancake and add oil (this will look like dosa).
- 10. Top it with vegetables and cheese and let it cook on low flame.
- 11. Once done, serve this with sauce or chutney.