Bread Noodle Rolls
A bread roll is a crispy and enjoyable dish. Although noodles are not a part of Indian cuisine, they have become extremely popular, both as street-food and high end food in restaurants. So what do we get when these two come together to form a team? An irresistibly tasty dish. Bread Noodle Rolls is an unconventional take on the classic bread roll recipe, yielding amazing results.
In this recipe, some vegetables are added to sautéed onions (pyaaz) and garlics (lahsan), and cooked till tender. Normally, capsicum (Shimla mirch) and carrots (gajar) go well with noodles, but any other vegetables can also be used. Ajinomoto is sprinkled on top, which is a widely used ingredient in Chinese cuisine and enhances the flavour of the dish. After this, the boiled noodles are added along with a variety of sauces and vinegar (sirka). The key ingredient here is soya sauce, which has a characteristic salty taste and recognizable brown colour. Vinegar is also an important addition, which is used as a condiment and brightens up the dish. The noodles are then cooked for some time.
Bread pieces are used here without the sides. Brown bread or multi-grain bread can be used as they are very nutritious. They are dipped in water and squeezed out. The noodles are stuffed in the centre and rolled into small balls. Finally, these balls are deep-fried in oil until they turn golden-brown. These appetizing Bread Noodle Rolls taste heavenly with a sauce or dip.
How to make Bread Noodle Rolls
|Vegetable Oil||2 cups|
|Boiled Noodles||1 cup|
|Onion (payaz) chopped in rings||1 medium|
|Capsicum, beans, carrot thinly sliced||½ cup|
|Spring onion (hara payaz) chopped||½ cup|
|Garlic (lahsan) chopped||2 tea spoon|
|Vinegar (sirka)||1 table spoon|
|Tomato (tamater) sauce||1 table spoon|
|Chilli sauce||1 table spoon|
|Soya sauce||1 tea spoon|
- 1. Heat 2 table spoon oil in a pan, add onion, garlic and fry for a minute.
- 2. Add the vegetables and fry till tender. Add ajinomoto and salt and stir it.
- 3. Add the spring onion and add noodles and mix it well.
- 4. Now add soya sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar to taste.
- 5. Cook it for sometimes and keep it aside.
- 1. Take bread and cut its sided. Now dip it into water and squeeze out water properly.
- 2. Put some noodles in it and roll it properly and make small balls.
- 3. Heat enough oil in a pan and fry the balls till golden and serve it with sauce or dip of your choice.