|Potatoes (Aaloo)||1 medium size|
|Onion (Pyaz) finely chopped||½ cup|
|Ginger (adrak) grated||1 tea spoon|
|Coriander seeds (Sabut Dhaniya)||1 tea spoon|
|Green chili(Hari mirch) finely chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Coriander chopped (Hara Dhaniya)||1 table spoon|
|Roasted cumin seeds (Bhuna Jeera)||½ tea spoon|
|Red Chili Powder(lal mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (Namak)||to taste|
|Plain flour (Maida)||1 cup|
|Refined oil||2 table spoon|
|Water||as per requirement|
Filling Masala for Kachori
- 1. Boil and mash potatoes.
- 2. Add chopped onion, ginger, green chili, coriander, lime juice, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, and salt mix it well.
- 1. Add some salt to plain flour and mix it well. Heat 1 table spoon oil and add it in flour and make a soft dough by using water.
- 2. Make small balls (size about 2 inch diameter) of dough.
- 3. Roll one ball by a rolling pin to a size of about 3 inch diameter roti. Place 2 tea spoon of masala at the center of roti.
- 4. Dampen edge of roti all round with water and hold at 4-5 points at its rim, bringing close at the center.
- 5. Press points tightly and give a twist so that masala is sealed inside. This will result into a ball of size 1.5 - 2 inch. Press this ball with your palm gently.
- 6. Keep these on baking trey and brush it with little oil from top also.
- 7. Bake achori in a preheated oven at 200 deg C. Bake for 7-8 minutes (or till it is done). Repeat with all other balls.
- you can use filling according to your taste