Paneer Lollipop Recipe
Paneer lollipop recipe is an easy recipe, which can be prepared in very less time. The ingredients used in this recipe are also easily available in kitchen. Scrambled cottage cheese and boiled mashed potatoes are the main constituents of this recipe. Mild blend of spices are used for appealing flavour. For giving “lollipop” shape, ice cream sticks are used. Rolling of lollipop in all-purpose flour before frying gives bright colour to the recipe.
How to make Paneer Lollipop Recipe
|Cottage cheese (paneer) grated||2 cups|
|Boiled potatoes (aalo) mashed||1 cup|
|Ginger (adrakh), grated||1 tea spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan) crushed||1 tea spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), thinly chopped||1 table spoon|
|Onion (payaz), chopped||3-4 table spoon|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||2 table spoon|
|Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras)||1 table spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||2 table spoon|
|Red chilli (lal mirch) flakes||1 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Corn starch||2 table spoon|
|All purpose flour (maida)||½ cup|
|Vegetable oil||for frying|
|Ice cream sticks||8-10|
- 1. Mix grated cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, red chilli flakes, lemon juice, black pepper, salt and cornstarch in a bowl.
- 2. Mix the ingredients and make tight dough. (Too tight, it will be crumbly so add few drop of water. Too soft, you won’t be able to shape.)
- 3. Now divide the dough into 8-10 small balls.
- 4. Now pierce an ice cream stick in a bowl and shape it like lollipop. (Slowly using your hands, shape).
- 5. Repeat the process with all balls.
- 6. Keep it in fridge for 30 minutes.
- 7. Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan.
- 8. Remove the lollipops from fridge, and roll them into all purpose flour.
- 9. Remove excess flour and fry the lollipops till done.
- 10. Serve it with sauce or dip of your choice.