Masala Dosa Recipe
Although Masala Dosa is a staple dish of south India but it is well liked in other parts of India. These days is has become very popular in abroad also. Dosa is a fermented crepe made up of rice and black lentil (urad dal).
Masala Dosa Recipe is prepare by soaking rice and black lentil (urad dal) in water for 7-8 hours and then is grind to smooth paste. This paste is kept for fermentation for 6-7 hours. For fermentation process a warm temperature is required, thus in summer it gets fermented easily, but in winters sometimes, I keep it under sunlight or wrap it with some cloth to get it ferment easily.
I take 3 cups of rice and a cup of black lentil (urad dal) for dosa batter. I also use little flattened rice (poha) and fenugreek (methi) seeds in dosa, this makes it real crisp. Usually these two ingredients are with rice and lentil and are grind together.
The filling of Dosa Recipe is normally prepared with boiled potatoes. Tempering of this vegetable is done with mustard seeds, curry leaves and lots of onions and green chilli are added and a dry vegetable is prepared.
Cooking of Masala Dosa Recipe is done on big iron or non stick tawa and I prefer butter or refined oil as cooking medium. Preferably, the big flame of fire should be used for a crisp Dosa.
Best combination of Dosa is Sambhar and nariyel ki chutney.
Ingredients used for Masala Dosa Recipe
For Masala Dosa
|Raw Rice (chawal)||3 cup|
|Split black lentil (urad dal)||1 cup|
|Rice Flakes (poha)||¼ cup|
|Fenugreek (methi) seeds||10-12 seeds|
|Vegetable oil||for cooking|
|Potatoes (aalo)||4 big|
|Tomatoes (tamater), finely chopped||½ cup|
|Onion (payaz), sliced||1 cup|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||1 table spoon|
|Chili (lal mirch) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Cumin (jeera) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tea spoon|
|Mustard seeds (sarso ke dane)||½ tea spoon|
|Bengal gram (chana dal)||1 tea spoon|
|Curry leaves (curry patta)||1 spring|
- 1. Boil and smash potatoes and keep aside.
- 2. Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds to crackle and then add curry leaves and Bengal gram and stir it for 2 minutes.
- 3. Now add chopped onion, green chillies and tomatoes.
- 4. Cook this for 10 minutes till the oil separates, then add smashed potatoes, little water, chili powder and cumin powder.
- 5. Cook for 10 more minutes and the stuffing is ready.
- 1. Wash the urad dal, raw rice and methi (fenugeek ) seeds.
- 2. Soak in a little water along with the poha (riceflakes) for at least 5 hours.
- 3. Grind to a smooth paste with a little water. Cover and keep aside for at least 4 hours. Add salt and mix well.
- 4. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease lightly with vegetable oil. When hot, sprinkle a little water, pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter and cook on one side.
- 5. Pour a little oil along the edges while cooking. When crispy, put stuffing in center, fold and serve hot with butter. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- 6. Serve this with Sambhar and Nariyal ki chutney
- 1. For making crispy Dosa add some Poha in it.
- 2. You can add little cooked rice in batter to increase crispiness.
Click Here For Nariyal-Ki Chutney
- Recipe Type : All time favourite snacks, Snacks, Vegetarian snacks
No comments yet.