Yogurt Tikki Recipe
Yogurt Tikki Recipe is amazingly appetizing snack. These Yogurt Tikki Recipe are unbelievable in their flavor and texture and are made with hung yogurt, which is extremely simple to do. Place a muslin cloth on a deep dish or food container. The idea is to hang the yogurt so most of its fluids drain out. Pour the yogurt into the muslin cloth. Cover container and place in refrigerator overnight. Once you get a thick hung curd, add mild spices to give flavor. I also add little amount of cottage cheese (paneer) to get it bind easily. Once prepared, make small tikki is and shallow fry in non-stick pan.
These Tikkis are very soft in texture and good in appearance. Accompanied, by Hara Dhaniya Ki Chutney, it tastes amazing and becomes completely irresistible.
How to make Yogurt Tikki Recipe
|Yoghurt (dahi)||2 cups|
|Cottage cheese (paneer)||100 gram|
|Ginger (adrakh)||1” piece|
|Fresh coriander (hara dhaniya)||2 table spoon|
|Green (hari mirch)||1-2 pieces|
|Corn flour||to dust|
|Vegetable Oil||for frying|
- 1. Hang yoghurt for 4-5 hours in a muslin cloth to remove water from it.
- 2. Grate the paneer and keep it aside. Peel and chop onion and ginger finely. Chop green chilies and coriander and keep it aside.
- 3. Heat little oil in a pan. Sauté onion, green chilies and ginger in this oil. Cook it for 5 minutes and then remove it from flame.
- 4. Take paneer in a plate. Add fried onion mixture, salt and coriander leaves in it.
- 5. Now add the hung curd and mix it well.
- 6. Immediately shape it into tikkis and roll them in corn flour.
- 7. Heat oil in another pan and shallow fry the tikkis.
- 8. Serve yogurt tikki with chutney.