Mushroom Kathi Kebab Recipe
Mushroom Kathi Kebab Recipe is a delicious snack which can be prepared easily. The essential aspect of great cooking is harnessing compatible flavour, which involves accurate use of spices. A process of trial and error resulted in combinations of beloved flavour pairings which always tastes good. A combination of spices like poppy seeds, cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, peppercorns which is used here is also a time tested combination, which gives always worthy taste. Mushroom kathi kebab has a unique aroma and a mouth-watering flavour. When the Mushrooms are grilled with the delicious combination of spices, the dish becomes tempting. It can be served with Moongfali Dhaniya ki chutney or Ginger Chutney.
How a dish looks can also affect our perception of its flavour. Mushroom Kathi kebabs are very appealing dish, when served with green salad becomes more alluring. It can be served to guests or can be used as starter.
If you are looking for more mushroom snacks do check Spicy Paneer Mushroom Kebab, Nutrela Stuffed Cheesy Mushrooms, Multilayered Mushroom Paratha, Soya Mushroom Samosa, Cheese Mushroom Stuffed Bread Dosa.
How to make Mushroom Kathi Kebab Recipe
|Seeds of Brown cardamoms (badi elaichi)||2|
|Black peppercorns (kali mirch)||10-12|
|Cinnamon (dalchini)||1 inch piece|
|Coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya)||1 tea spoon|
|Cumin seeds (sabut jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Poppy seeds (khuskhus)||½ tea spoon|
|Garlic(lahsan) cloves||10 -12|
|Ginger (adrakh) chopped||1 inch piece|
|Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras)||1 table spoon|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi)||1 tea spoon|
|Roasted gram powder (besan)||1 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
- 1. In a pan, dry roast the poppy and coriander seeds, cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, peppercorns and cumin.
- 2. Put ginger and garlic in the blender jar along with the dry roasted spices and process to form a paste.
- 3. Add yogurt, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, roasted gram flour and oil and mix it again.
- 4. Marinate mushrooms with this mixture and keep them in refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- 5. Coat mushroom with the mixture then string them in skewers (or take them in tray).
- 6. Put in a tandoor and roast, turning frequently and brush them with butter till evenly browned.
- 7. Remove to a platter and sprinkle lemon juice on kebabs while still hot.
- 8. Serve with onion salad and mint chutney.
- Recipe Type : Party snacks, Snacks, Vegetarian snacks
No comments yet.