Green Balls Recipe
Green balls are fascinating recipe prepared with green vegetables. These are highly nutritious balls, which is easy to make and delicious in taste. Mixed green vegetables are used for the recipe, which offers a good nutrition and bright color to the balls. Little amount of boiled potatoes are used here for binding purpose. It becomes easy to make balls after adding potatoes. Very less amount of spices is used here, but if you want to make it spicy you may enhance the quantity of spices. Once the balls are fried in oil its colour may little change but taste will be definitely awesome.
Give a try to this recipe; I am sure you will enjoy it.
How to make Green Balls
|Fresh spinach (palak)||1 cup|
|Peas (matar)||1 cup|
|Boiled potato (aalo)||1 cup|
|Green onion (hara payaz)||½ cup|
|Beans (phaliya)||½ cups|
|Ginger (adrakh), chopped||1 table spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan), chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Green chili (hari mirch), chopped||1 table spoon|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), chopped||2 table spoon|
|Corn flour||½ cup|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||1 table spoon|
|Vegetable oil||to fry|
- 1. Blanch the spinach, squeeze out the excess water and chop it.
- 2. Boil peas and coarsely grind it. Boil the potato and mash it well.
- 3. Peel garlic, ginger and chop it together with green chili and coriander.
- 4. Finely chop broccoli, green onion and beans and keep it aside.
- 5. Heat oil in a pan and sauté ginger, garlic, chilies and coriander.
- 6. Add the spinach and other chopped vegetables in it.
- 7. Now add boiled peas and potato and cook till it done. Add salt and pepper and mix it well.
- 8. Let the mixture cool. Shape into small balls and coat it with dry corn flour.
- 9. Put oil in a pan and deep fry the balls till it done. Serve “Green balls” with hot chutney.
- 1. Now take balls on a plate and spread little imli chutney over it.
- 2. Decorate it with onion rings, coriander leaves, and chaat masala. Serve it hot.