Burger Bun Chaat Recipe
Chaat is a very popular Indian street-food. This flavourful blend of everything sweet and spicy is as sensational as a dish can get. I decided to give the normal chaat recipe a different interpretation, by using this chaat as filling between two buns, thus making it resemble a burger.
In this recipe, the masala is the star of the dish. Care should be taken to add correct proportions of various spices to obtain a tasty masala. Cumin (jeera) seeds and coriander (dhaniya) seeds provide a fresh burst of flavours, while black salt (kala namak) functions as a condiment. Mashed potatoes (aaloo) is added to the roasted spice mixture and cooked for a while. It is topped with tangy and sweet tamarind (imli) chutney. After this, the burger buns are taken and halved, followed by grilling on a pan using some butter. The potato masala mixture is stuffed between two buns, and topped with garnish, which includes chopped onion (pyaaz) and coriander. Sev and peanuts (mungfali) provide a crunchy element, and pomegranate (anar ke daane) gives a nice fruity punch. Green chutney and Imli chutney enhance the palate of the dish, by contributing contrasting flavours. This is topped with the remaining spice mixture, which is sprinkled on top and subsequently covered with the other bun. This burger with a desi twist will make you an offer that you wouldn’t be able to refuse.
How to prepare Burger Bun Chaat Recipe
|Small hamburger buns||6|
|Onion (pyaj), finely chopped||3 table spoon|
|Green coriander (hara dhania)||½ cup|
|Peanuts, roasted (mungaphali)||½ cup|
|Fresh garlic chutney (lahsun)||2 tea spoon|
|Pomegranates (anar ke daane)||½ cup|
|Imli ki chutney||6 table spoon|
|Green chutney||6 table spoon|
|Butter or oil,||for cooking|
|Whole Red chili (lal Mirch)||4|
|Coriander seeds (dhania)||3 table spoon|
|Black salt (kala namak)||½ tea spoon|
|Cumin seeds (Jira)||½ tea spoon|
|Oil||2 table spoon|
- 1. Roast red chilies, cumin seeds and coriander seeds in a pan for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Grind them to make fine powder, add black salt and set aside
- 3. For filling, boil, peel and mash potatoes and keep aside.
- 4. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to it, until they get crackle.
- 5. Add the asafetida, roasted spice mixture, potato, salt, and mix them well.
- 6. Remove them from the heat, combine imli ki chutney and mix it.
- 1. Divide the filling mixture into six parts and set aside.
- 2. Cut the burger buns into halves and grill them in a pan using little butter.
- 3. Now put a portion of the filling on the lower half of each bun.
- 4. Top it with the chopped onion, sev, green coriander, pomegranate, peanuts, green chutney and imli ki chutney.
- 5. Sprinkle ½ tea spoon of prepared spice powder over it.
- 6. Sandwich it with the top halves of the burger buns and serve it.