Tandoori Wrap Recipe
Tandoori flavor is highly popular in India but there is little twist in this recipe. Here, the wraps are prepared as soft pancakes, whereas stuffing is prepared in tandoor or grill.
For stuffing, cottage cheese (paneer), cauliflower, carrot and French beans have been used. Marination is done with hung curd (dahi) which is blend with different spices and this gives the distinguishing taste. The steamed vegetables are allowed to sit in the marinade for about 20 minutes, as it enhances the flavor. Now this can be cooked in Tandoor. But here grill mode of microwave has been used for grilling the vegetables.
For wrap, mixture of wheat flour and finger millet flour has been used. Wrap should be prepared on non-stick pan with minimal use of oil. Wraps will not be very crispy, but will taste delicious. Now, it is stuffed with grilled stuffing and topped with Hara Dhaniya ki chutney and onion rings. It is a healthy but delicious snack, which can be used for breakfast or may be served to the guests.
If you are looking for more healthy snacks do check Nutritious Pan cake, Ragi Idly, Light Oil Oat Dosa.
How to make Tandoori Wrap Recipe
|Wheat Flour (gehu ka aata)||1 cup|
|Finger millet flour ( Ragi flour)||1 cup|
|Olive oil||2 table spoon|
|Salt (Namak)||To taste|
|Low Fat Cottage Cheese( paneer)||½ cup|
|Cauliflower (Gobhi) cut in medium pieces||½ cup|
|Carrot (gazar) cut in medium pieces||½ cup|
|French beans (phaliya) cut in medium pieces||½ cup|
|Chili paste (mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Hung Curd (dahi)||½ cup|
|Black Salt (kala namak)||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (Namak)||To taste|
|Mustard oil (sarso ka tel)||¼ tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam masala)||½ tea spoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder (jeera)||½ tea spoon|
|Green chutney and onion rings|
- 1. Cook vegetables in steamer for 5-7 minutes.
- 2. Mix all the spices for marinade. Now mix cottage cheese and steamed vegetables with it and let it set for about 20 minutes.
- 3. Preheat an oven at 200°C and cook marinated cottage cheese and vegetables for about 5-7 minutes.
- 1. Mix wheat flour, finger millet flour and salt and make a smooth batter using water.
- 2. Heat a nonstick pan rub little olive oil, take a spoonful of batter, spread it and make thin pancake.
- 3. Put 2 table spoons of stuffing's on the pancake.
- 4. Add a layer of green chutney and onion rings and make the roll
- 5. Repeat the process with rest batter and make rolls and serve it with chutney
- Recipe Type : Low calorie, Low calorie snacks
No comments yet.