Stuffed Tortillas With Chickpeas Recipe
A tortilla is a Mexican soft, thin flat bread made from finely ground wheat flour or maize (corn). Their appearance is very similar to that of Indian chapattis or rotis. In this recipe, corn tortilla is used as it is packed with tons of fibre, has low sugar and fat content. It also contains magnesium, which provides healthy muscles. Corn tortilla is more nutritious health-wise as compared to wheat flour tortilla. Chickpeas are also used as they are a rich source of dietary proteins and fibres. It is very beneficial for diabetics and lowers blood pressure and cholesterol. Here, the stuffing consists of chickpea, onion, tomato and cucumber. Spices can be added according to taste. Beaten curd or sour cream is added to provide a rich texture and make the dish more wholesome. Low fat cheese is used for dressing, but in minimal quantity. This recipe can be easily cooked in microwave and does not require the use of gas. These stuffed tortillas with chickpeas are perfect to pack for your kid’s lunch. Not only do they deliver in terms of flavour, but also fulfill one’s appetite and are nutritious.
If you are looking for more healthy recipes do check Baked Soya Ki Tikki, Light Oil Oat Dosa, Tandoori Wrap
How to make Stuffed Tortillas With Chickpeas Recipe
|Chickpeas (kabuli chana)||½ cup|
|Low-fat milk (doodh)||¼ cup|
|Freshly ground black pepper (kali mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Corn (makka) tortillas (baked)||4|
|Shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese||¼ cup|
|Onions (pyaaz), finely chopped||¼ cup|
|Tomato (tamatar), finely chopped||¼ cup|
|Green chilies (hari mirch), finely chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Cucumber (kheera), finely chopped||¼ cup|
|Tomato puree||5-6 tablespoon|
|Beaten curd(dahi) / low fat sour cream||4-5 table spoon|
|Salt (Namak)||To taste|
- 1. Soak chick peas overnight and boil it with some salt.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a pan, add chickpeas, salt, pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3. Now add little milk and sugar and stir it for 5 minutes.
- 4. Now put the flame off and add chopped onion, tomato, cucumber, green chillies and curd/ sour cream.
- 5. The stuffing is ready now.
- 6. Divide stuffing into four part and stuff each tortilla.
- 7. Add a layer of cheese on the stuffing and roll the tortillas.
- 8. Microwave each roll at 100% power for 30 seconds.
- 9. Serve "Stuffed Tortillas with Chickpeas" hot.
- Recipe Type : Low calorie, Low calorie snacks
No comments yet.