Moong Shepherd Pie
Moong shepherd pie is a unique combination of whole green grams (sabut moong) and mixed vegetables. Soaked beans are taken in heavy bottom pan with some water and are then topped with diced vegetables. Some oregano, black pepper and salt are also added at this stage. Vegetables can be used according to taste, but I have taken a mixture of diced carrot, beans and onion. The mixture is boiled on low flame for 8-10 minutes. Once beans and vegetables become soft, then it is removed from flame.
In next stage boiled potatoes are mashed and are mixed with salt, red chillies and coriander leaves. Now the boiled gram- vegetable mixtures is taken in a baking bowl and is topped with the mixture of mashed potatoes. Finally, on top half tea spoon of butter is added and is baked on 200C for 10 minutes.
Moong shepherd pie is very nutritious and is rich in protein content. Carbohydrate and fat content of the recipe is very low. This snack can be served to the patients, who are having restrictions on carbohydrate and fat.
Those who want to avoid potatoes can use mashed cottage cheese and omit potatoes.
Prepartion of Moong Shepherd Pie
|Whole Green grams (Sabut moong)||1 cup|
|Carrots (gajar) diced small||2|
|Small Onion (pyaaz) diced small||1 spoon|
|Beans (fali) diced small||1 cup|
|Boiled Potatoes (aaloo) /cheese (paneer) mashed||½ cup|
|Salt (namak)||To taste|
|Pepper (kali mirch)||To taste|
|Oregano||½ tea spoon|
|Red chilli (laal mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Coriander (hara Dhaniya) chopped||2 table spoon|
|Butter||1 table spoon|
Shepherd Pie Filling
- 1. Soak Whole green grams (sabut moong) for a few hours. Place them into pressure cooker add salt and pepper.
- 2. Now add chopped vegetables on top of green grams (moong).
- 3. Add half cup of water and adjust salt and pepper according to taste.
- 4. Place cooker lid and bring it to boil, let it boil for 20 minutes on low heat.
- 5. Once beans are cooked season it with oregano.
- 1. Pour Shepherd Pie filling into a greased oven dish.
- 2. Mash potatoes/ paneer soft and ensure there are no lumps. Mix salt, coriander leaves and chili in it.
- 3. Scoop spoon full of mashed potatoes/ paneer and gradually cover your whole pie.
- 4. With back of your spoon even all the potato flat and add half tea spoon of butter.
- 5. Pre heat oven at 200 C and bake the pie for 10 minutes or till it becomes golden.
- 6. Once done sprinkle some red chilli and oregano.
- 7. "Moong Shepherd Pie" is ready to serve.
- If you want to avoid potatoes, you can use mashed cottage cheese (paneer) instead of that.
- If using cottage cheese, then reduce the baking time (5-7 minutes).
- Recipe Type : Low calorie, Low calorie snacks
The first couple of pages of the e – Book, I have to admit, got me a little motivated.
An effective and balanced diet is important for the
body to function efficiently and you will probably also believe
more energetic. What it genuinely relies on is how hard you workout.
I have not checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂