|Rohu fish (machli) small size||500 g|
|Vegetable oil (Vanaspati tel)||1 tablespoon|
|Onion (pyaaz) grated||1 big|
|Garlic (Lahasun) crushed||½ tea spoon|
|Tomatoes (tamatar) paste||½ cup|
|Green chilies (hari mirch)||1 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Turmeric Powder (haldi)||¼ tea spoon|
|Red chili (lal mirch) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Fresh coriander (hara dhaniya) finely chopped||for a garnish|
- 1. Marinate fish with salt and turmeric. And leave aside for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a preheated oven grill the fish till golden.
- 3. Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft.
- 4. Add the tomato paste and mix well, fry for about 4-5 minutes. Add red chilli powder, turmeric and salt and cook it for sometimes.
- 5. Add water and bring it to boil. And then add the grilled fish.
- 6. Gently cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- 7. Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander.