|Rohu cut into small pieces||500 gm|
|Mustard seeds (sarso)||1 tea spoon|
|Poppy seeds (khuskhus)||1 tea spoon|
|Cumin seeds (jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Kashmiri red chillies (kashmiri lal mirch)||4-5Pieces|
|Garlic cloves (lahsan ke dane)||6-7 Pieces|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Onion seeds (kalonji)||1/4 tsp|
|Tomatoes (tamater)||2 big|
|Green chillies (hari mirch) chopped||2 table spoon|
|Curry leaves (curry patta)||5-6 pieces|
|Coriander leaves chopped (hara dhaniya)||2-3 tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||To Taste|
|Mustard oil (sarson ka tel)||4-5 table spoon|
- 1. Clean and wash fish pieces well.
- 2. Apply little turmeric and salt to the fish and keep aside.
- 3. Make a paste of mustard seeds, poppy seeds, cumin seeds, Kashmiri red chilli, garlic, tomato, and turmeric together.
- 4. Heat oil in a vessel and fry the fish pieces lightly and keep aside.
- 5. In the same oil add onion seeds and curry leaves.
- 6. When the onion seeds splutter, spices paste and cook it for sometimes.
- 7. Once the oil gets separated add 2 cups of water for the gravy and stir well.
- 8. Adjust salt and simmer till the gravy becomes thick. Add fish and cook it for sometimes.