|Fish fillet||500 gram|
|Onions (payaz) sliced||1 small|
|Garlic (lahsan)||8- 10 pieces|
|Cumin (jeera) seeds||1/2 tea spoon|
|Coriander (dhaniya) seeds||1 tea spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi) powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Dry mango powder (aamchoor)||1 tea spoon|
|Red chilli (lal mirch) powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Dry ginger powder (sauth)||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Coriander (hara dhaniya) with stem||1/2 cup|
|Green chillies (hari mirch)||2|
|Clarified butter/Ghee||2 table spoon|
|Oil||For frying onion|
- 1. Clean, wash the fish fillets wipe with a dry kitchen cloth
- 2. Cut into 2 x 2 inch flat pieces.
- 3. Pre heat oven at 180c
- 4. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry cut onion till golden brown and make a smooth paste of it.
- 5. In the same ghee fry garlic till golden and then grind to a paste.
- 6. Take fried onion and garlic in a blender jar. Add green chillies, coriander stems in it and grind it till it becomes smooth paste.
- 7. In a pan, dry roast the cumin seeds and the coriander seeds and then pound in a mortar and pestle.
- 8. Mix this powder with onion mixture and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, dry ginger powder, dry mango powder and lemon juice in it.
- 9. Marinate the fish in this mixture for 1 hour.
- 10. Place the fish side by side, and put it in a pre heated oven of 160 degrees for 10 minutes or till it becomes crispy from outside.
- 11. Serve at once with green chutney and onion rings.