Hot and Tangy Fish
Hot and Tangy Fish is an amazing recipe which can be served in both starter and main course. It is a very spicy and hot recipe and goes very well in winters with cocktails. A number of spices are used in this recipe for amazing flavor of the dish.
A paste of coriander leaves along with garlic, ginger, coriander seeds and cumin seeds are used for marination of fish. This gives remarkable flavour to the recipe. A blend of chillies is used in this recipe to provide real hot flavour. A good amount of Green chillies, Red Chillies and pepper are used for the hot flavour. Vinegar is used for the tanginess. This recipe is cooked in a shallow pan and is cooked on low flame. Preferably mustard oil should be used as cooking medium as it gives wonderful flavour.
This is one of my favourite party snacks, which I prepare often. But I always take care that it should not be served to the Kids as it is very hot. Sometimes I prepare it by reducing the amount of spices and chilli for kids.
Hot and Tangy Fish is very popular recipe at my place and I prepare this on demand . Try this once and trust me you will also have to prepare on demand.
How to make Hot and Tangy Fish
|Fish fillets (surmai or king fish)||8 piece|
|Mustard oil (sarso ka tel)||3-4 table spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan)||7-8 cloves|
|Ginger (adrakh)||1 inch|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya) with stem||½ cup|
|Whole Green chillies (hari mirch)||2-3 piece|
|Cumin seeds (sabut jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Black peppercorns (kali mirch)||8-10 piece|
|Coriander (dhaniya) seeds||2 table spoon|
|Whole Red chilli (lal mirch)||2-3 piece|
|Red vinegar (sirka)||4 table spoon|
|Sugar (chini)||1 tea spoon|
- 1. Cut the fish fillets into equal medium sized pieces. Slit the fish from 2-3 places in each piece.
- 2. Take coriander leaves with stem, green chillies, garlic, ginger, whole red chilli, black pepper, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds in a grinder jar. Add vinegar in it and grind it to a smooth paste.
- 3. Add sugar and salt in this paste.
- 4. Marinate the fish with this mixture and sprinkle 1 table spoon of mustard oil over it.
- 5. Mix and keep it in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 6. Heat oil in a flat pan and add the fish pieces carefully with all marinade.
- 7. Now cook it covered on low flame. Once it is half cooked sprinkle little mustard oil over it.
- 8. Turn the side and again cook it.
- 9. Serve this “Hot and Tangy Fish” with some salads or boiled vegetables.