Egg Noodles Wrap
Of late, I have noticed that my 11-year old daughter is quite fond of noodles. She orders it every time we go out to eat, and ensures that I send her Maggi at least once a week to school. So I thought to myself, what is better than noodles? “Noodles stuffed in a wrap!” said my daughter enthusiastically. That’s how the Egg Noodles Wrap came into being; it gave me the opportunity to experiment with something new.
In this recipe, for the stuffing I have used chopped vegetables, like capsicum (Shimla mirch) and carrots (gajar), which go well with noodles. These are cooked along with sliced onions rings (pyaaz) in a hot wok on high flame. Boiled hakka noodles are added to the wok after some time, along with different sauces and vinegar (sirka). Soya sauce is frequently used as a condiment in Chinese cuisine. It has a savoury flavour as it contains umami. The acidity of vinegar brightens up the dish. The noodles are stir-fried and kept aside.
For the wrap, I have combined grated cheese with well-beaten egg (anda), which gives an absolutely rich and delicious flavour. A hot pan is smeared with some butter, and as it starts bubbling, the egg mixture is poured onto it and swirled properly. It is allowed to cook for some time, after which the stuffing is placed in the centre. This Egg Noodles Wrap tastes mouth-watering with some sauce. My daughter loved it, and took credit for it by scribbling her name below the recipe.
If you interested in more similar recipes Twisted Bread Pizza, Egg Pizza, Palak Mushroom Omelette.
How to make Egg Noodles Wrap
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||to taste|
|Chesses grated||3 table spoons|
|Butter||2 table spoon|
|Boiled noodles (hakka noodles)||½ cup|
|Capsicum, beans, carrot thinly sliced||¼ cup|
|Onion (payaz), thinly slices in rings||¼ cup|
|Soya sauce||¼ tea spoon|
|Vinegar||½ tea spoon|
|Red chilli sauce||½ tea spoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 table spoon|
- 1. Chop carrot, beans and capsicum into thin slices and keep them separately.
- 2. Heat oil in a wok, add vegetables and stir it for 5-7 minutes on high flame.
- 3. Now add slices of onion and stir it for further 2 minutes.
- 4. Now add the boiled noodles and salt and mix them well.
- 5. Adjust the salt and add soya sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar to taste and stir it well.
- 6. Once done keep it aside.
- 1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat well with a fork.
- 2. Now add grated cheese and mix it with egg.
- 3. Put a small frying pan on a low heat and let it get hot. Add little butter.
- 4. When the butter has melted and is bubbling, add eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly.
- 5. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- 6. Once the egg is cooked put 4 table spoon of stuffing in center and roll the egg.
- 7. Serve Egg noodles wrap with sauce.
- Recipe Type : Egg snacks, Snacks
No comments yet.