Nutty Potatoes Recipe
Potatoes with nuts…wow an astounding combination. Crisp sliced potatoes, rolled in almonds when accompanied with Ginger Chutney is really tempting. This is one of my favourite party snacks. Its preparation is very easy and can be easily managed in parties.
Sliced potatoes are rolled in refined flour, which is mixed with mild spices and provides light flavor to the potatoes. Then is rolled in egg white and then is rolled in bread crumbs. Bread crumbs are mixed with coriander leaves which gives lovely flavor. Chopped almonds are mixed in breadcrumbs and potatoes are rolled in it. Then it is chilled for 15-20 minutes, this gives nice texture to the stuff. Finally it is deep fried on moderate temperature.
An amazing party snacks, which is can be served in all seasons and loved by everyone.
How to make Nutty Potatoes Recipe
|Potatoes (aalo)||100 gram|
|Almonds (badam)||¼ cup|
|All purpose flour (maida)||¼ cup|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)||2 table spoon|
|Egg white (ande ki safedi)||1 egg|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Black Pepper (kali mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Onion (payaz ) powder||1 tea spoon|
|Milk (doodh)||1 table spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Vegetable Oil||for frying|
- 1. Peel and cut potatoes in thin slices.
- 2. Wash and chop coriander finely and mix it with bread crumbs and keep it in a bowl.
- 3. Finely chop almonds and mix it in bread crumbs coriander mixture.
- 4. Mix together almonds, breadcrumbs and coriander.
- 5. Take white egg in a bowl and add 1 small spoon of milk in it.
- 6. Put the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a polythene bag and shake it well.
- 7. Take the potato slices in polythene bag and shake it well.
- 8. Now dip the potato in beaten egg and roll into the breadcrumb mixture to coat it completely.
- 9. Chill in the freezer for 15- 20 minutes.
- 10. Heat the oil in a pan and then deep fry the breaded potato sticks until golden brown.
- 11. Drain on the absorbent and serve hot.
- You can replace egg with a thin batter of all purpose flour (maida).