Matar Mushroom Recipe
Matar Mushroom is a well-liked recipe of North India. It is generally prepared in parties and restaurants. Its taste varies as some people make it dry while others prepare it with rich gravy.
I am describing here the recipe, which will be having rich curry. For richness of gravy, cream-cashew nuts- curd is used with onion-tomato base. In addition to this, mild blend of spices are used to add flavour. This blend makes the recipe truly mouth-watering and rich as well. Freshness of peas and mushroom is essential for the taste of curry. Always
Mushroom can be replaced with paneer (cottage cheese), and this makes a very yummy curry of Matar Paneer. Matar paneer is again a all time favourite curry and I have already posted Video for Matar Paneer in microwave. I have also added the recipe of Curried Mushroom Potatoes, spicy tava mushroom, Mushroom Paneer sabzi, Hot spicy mushroom masala and Dingri Dolama on my website.
How to make Matar Mushroom Recipe
|Green peas (hara matar)||½ cup|
|Onion (Payaz), chopped finely||1 big|
|Garlic ginger (adrakh lahsan) paste||1 tea spoon|
|Tomatoes (tamater)||2 medium|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||¼ tea spoon|
|Red chili powder (lal mirch powder)||½ tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam masala) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Coriander powder (dhania powder)||1 tea spoon|
|Cumin powder (jeera powder)||½ tea spoon|
|Bay leaf (tej patta)||1 small|
|Caraway seeds (shahi jeera)||½ tea spoon|
|Fresh curd (dahi)||2 table spoon|
|Cream (malai)||2 table spoon|
|Vegetable Oil||for frying|
|Vegetable oil for the curry||1 table spoon|
|Cashew nuts (kaju)||5-6 pieces|
|Salt (namak)||as required|
- 1. Take tomato and cashews in a blender jar and make a smooth paste. (You may require little water for this process). Keep it aside.
- 2. Boil peas in enough water, drain them and keep aside.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan and sauté mushrooms on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes. Remove it from flame and keep aside.
- 4. In the same pan, add 1 table spoon of oil. Add bay leaf and caraway seeds and cook it for few seconds.
- 5. Add chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste sauté till it gets golden colour.
- 6. Add the tomato-cashew paste along with the powders of coriander, cumin, red chilli, turmeric and hot spices and stir till oil gets separated from the spices.
- 7. Now add the whisked yogurt and stir it well and cook it for further 5-7 minutes.
- 8. Then add mushrooms and peas and cook them for 7-10 minutes.
- 9. Add 2 cups of water adjust salt and let it simmer for 10- 12 minutes.
- 10. Once the gravy becomes thick put the flame off and add cream.
- 11. Serve “Matar Mushroom” with Roti, Naan or Rice.