Papad Ki Sabzi Recipe
Rajasthani cuisines have various mouth-watering dishes, served sizzling hot. Scarcity of water and fresh green vegetables has all had their effect on the cooking. To decrease the use of water in this desert state they use a lot of milk and milk products to cook their food. This is peculiar to most of the Rajasthan delicacies have special creamy texture to the food preparations. In rajasthan papad is served with every meal as a side dish. Papad is a thin, crisp disc-shaped food typically based on seasoned dough usually made from peeled split black gram flour (urad flour), fried or cooked with dry heat. Papads can also be prepared with split gram lenti (chana dal) or green grams (moong dal).
A typical Rajasthan thali seems incomplete without Papad. Papad can be served with salsa as a starter. Making of papad in rajasthan is like a celebration all women gathered with their own pin roll and prepare it in a cheerful and blissful environment. In rajasthan papad ki sabji is as popular as other preparations Roasted and beaked papad into pieces are prepared in hing (Asafoetida powder), jeera (cumin seeds), chopped green chilli and seasoned curd with masalas. Served with “Bajra ki roti” or “ plain roti”.
How to make Papad Ki Sabzi Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2-3 table spoon|
|Cumin seeds (jeera sabut)||1 tea spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh) paste||1 tea spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan) paste||2 tea spoon|
|Red chilli (lal mirch) powder||1 tea spoon|
|Coriander (dhaniya) powder||2 tea spoons|
|Turmeric (haldi) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Asafoetida (hing) powder||pinch|
|Green chillies (hari mirch) finally chopped||2|
|Beaten yogurt (dahi)||1½ cup|
|Chopped fresh coriander||To garnish|
- 1. Roast papad andbreak it into pieces and keep it aside.
- 2. Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan. When hot, add the cumin seeds and cook it for 30 seconds.
- 3. Then add the ginger and garlic pastes, red chilli, coriander and turmeric powders. Stir well and cook it for 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the Asafoetida powder and chopped green chilli. Stir and cook again for 1 minute.
- 5. Now add the yogurt, stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6. Add 1 cup of water and cook till the mixture comes to a boil. Adjust salt and add the papad pieces. Stir well and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- 7. Turn off heat. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve with “Bajra ki roti” or “ plain roti”.