Tipore Recipe (Tepkole, Chimkedi Mirch)
Whole Green chillies have an important place in Rajasthani thali without it, Rajasthani cuisine would be incomplete, these are used with or without the stalks, whole or chopped, with seeds or deseeded. They can be used fresh, dried, powdered, pickled or in sauces.
In Rajasthan most households always keep a stack of fresh hot green chilies at hand, and use them to flavour most curries and dry dishes. Rajasthani makes entire dishes only by using spices and chilies. Touch of green chilli is enough to make the dish spicy. Green chilli usually blended with ginger and garlic, is very popularly used as masala in Indian household.
Tipore are the Rajasthani delicacy prepared in the aroma of spices like asafoetida, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and whole dried red chilli ……adding milk along with the other spices of kitchen is in trend. Over the top for a tangy citrus taste, piece of fresh lemon is added and that especially complements a magical taste into the recipe.
Always choose crisp, green, unwrinkled chilli. If you’re looking for Rajasthani chillies preparations, be careful while using the seeds, they can cause a burning sensation if hands, if not washed properly.
Along the spicy bite, these fresh products are high in vitamins A and C. Green chillies are high in potassium and iron content.
How to make Tipore Recipe
|Whole Green chillies (hari Mirch)||10- 12|
|Coriander seed (dhaniya)||1 tea spoon|
|Whole dried red chilli (sabut lal mirch)||2-3|
|Cumin seeds (jeera)||¼ tea spoon|
|Onion seeds (kalungi)||¼ tea spoon|
|Fenugreek seeds (danamethi)||¼ tea spoon|
|Fennel seeds (sunff)||1 tea spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Lemon cut into four pieces||1|
|Milk (doodh)||4 table spoons|
|Mustard oil (sarso ka tel)||4-5 table spoons|
|Salt (namak)||To taste|
- 1. Wash and wipe the green chillies.
- 2. Now cut it into small pieces and keep aside.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan add asafoetida, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and whole dried red chilli and stir it for 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt in it.
- 5. Now add chopped green chillies and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- 6. Then add milk and stir it for further 4-5 minutes.
- 7. Now add lemon pieces and cook it till oil gets separated.
- 8. Put the flame off and serve it with kadhi and Roti.