Curried Mushroom and Potatoes Recipe
Curried Mushroom Potatoes is a unique and delicious curry. It is combination of potatoes and mushrooms and if available, use baby potatoes for this curry. This is one of my favourite curries which is very popular in my parties. First time I prepared it 7-8 years back for my guests and it became a big hit. Since then I am regularly preparing it on demand of my guests.
I prepare the gravy with onion base and finish it with tomato puree, which gives striking colour to the dish. Mild blends of spices offer delectable flavour to the recipe. Fresh mushroom with baby potatoes in curry give amazing taste to the dish.
How to make Curried Mushroom and Potatoes Recipe
|Baby Potatoes (chhota aalo)||8- 10 pieces|
|Mushrooms||8- 10 pieces|
|Onion (payaz), grated||½ cup|
|Garlic (lahsan), paste||1 tea spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh), paste||1 tea spoon|
|Olive Oil||2 tea spoon|
|Tomato Puree (tamater)||½ cup|
|Turmeric (haldi) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Red chilli (lal mirch) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Curry leaves (curry patta)||1 spring|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)||3-4 table spoon|
Roast and grind
|Coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya)||2 tea spoon|
|Cumin seeds (sabut jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Mustard seeds (sarso)||½ tea spoon|
- 1. Roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cardamom and cloves in a pan and grind it to a smooth powder.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan and fry potatoes and mushrooms separately and set aside.
- 3. Mix garlic ginger paste with olive oil and keep aside.
- 4. Now fry onions on high until gets golden colour.
- 5. Add curry leaves and stir then add garlic- ginger paste mixture and cook for a few minutes.
- 6. Add 2 table spoons of roasted spices with turmeric and red chilli powder and stir.
- 7. Add potatoes and mushrooms and cook it for 5-7 minutes.
- 8. Add salt and enough water and let it cook till potato gets soften.
- 9. Now add coriander leaves, stir together then add tomato puree and cook it till oil starts floating on top.
- 10. Once done put off the flame and serve hot with Roti.