|Cottage cheese (paneer)||500 gram|
|Onion ( payaz), cut into thick pieces||1 cup|
|Green peas (hara matar)||½ cup|
|Thick curd (dahi)||¼ cup|
|Garlic (lahsan)||1 tea spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh)||1 tea spoon|
|Green coriander (hara dhaniya) chopped||4 table spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch) chopped||2 table spoon|
|Kasmiri red chilli (lal mirch) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||4-5 table spoon|
|Vegetable oil (tel)||for frying eggs|
Spices to grind
|Green cardamom (chhoti elaichi)||3-4|
|Cinnamon (dal chini)||1” piece|
|Mace (javitri)||¼ tea spoon|
|Cashew nuts (kaju)||2 table spoon|
|Poppy seeds (posta)||1 table spoon|
|Desiccated coconut (nariyel ka chura)||2 table spoon|
- 1. Cut cottage cheese (paneer) into big pieces and keep aside.
- 2. Heat enough oil in a pan, fry cottage cheese (paneer) and keep them aside.
- 3. Boil the peas in enough water and keep them separately.
- 4. Take grinding spices in a blender jar and make a smooth paste of it.
- 5. Take curd in a big bowl; add garlic, ginger, green chillies, green coriander, Kashmiri red chilli, turmeric powder and mix well.
- 6. Heat oil in a pan and fry onions in it. Once it becomes golden remove it from flame and grind it.
- 7. Heat clarified butter in another pan, add onion paste and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Now add the spices mixture and stir it till oil gets separated.
- 8. Then add boiled peas and stir it for 5-7 minutes.
- 9. Now add salt and water and let it simmer and then add paneer pieces.
- 10. Let it cook till the gravy becomes thick.
- 11. Serve “Mughlai Paneer Curry” with Sheermal, Nan or Tandoori Roti.
- Recipe Type : Curries, Paneer curries, Vegetarian
No comments yet.