This Sunday I was very tired and not at all in a mood to cook something lengthy. I find rice always as my saver in case of my laziness. I planned to make something with rice but there was no vegetables except for few mushrooms in my freeze. I found a small packet of Paneer lying in one corner of freeze. What to do now………
I just washed mushrooms, rice and chopped few onions and green chilies. I fried paneers and mushroms. Then I made rice using these few ingredients in a very simple way. I was little worried about how it will taste. But I was surprised when my family especially my Father in law , who does not like rice relish my dish. It was a big relief for me and everyone should try this recipe once.
|Basmati Rice (chawal)||2 cups|
|Onions (payaz), finely chopped||1/2 cup|
|Cottage cheese (paneer)||50 gram|
|Garlic (lahsan), paste||1 table spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh) paste||1 table spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch), powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam masala)||1 tea spoon|
|Red chilli (lal mirch) powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi) powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras)||2 table spoon|
|Chopped coriander (hara dhaniya)||3-4 table spoon|
|Clarified butter||3 table spoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 table spoon|
- 1. Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
- 2. Cut paneer into small pieces, deep fry them and keep aside.
- 3. Heat clarified butter add onions, and cook till it becomes golden in colour.
- 4. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté it for about 1 minute.
- 5. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, hot spices and stir it,
- 6. Now add the mushrooms and stir it for 5-7 minutes.
- 7. Then add rice and stir it.
- 8. Now add 4 cups of water, adjust salt and let it cook for 8 – 10 minutes or till the rice is cooked.
- 9. Once rice is cooked properly, add fried paneer pieces and mix it with light hand.
- 10. Serve the rice with curd and chutney of your choice.