|Green peas (hara matar), boiled||1 cup|
|Fenugreek leaves (methi patta) chopped||1 bunch|
|Onion(payaz) grated||1 large|
|Cream (malai)||½ cup|
|Cumin seeds (sabut jeera)||½ tea spoon|
|Curd (dahi)||1 table spoon|
|Butter (makhhan)||3 tea spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch)||2-3 tea spoon|
|Sugar (chini)||1 tea spoon|
Spices to grind
|Cashew nuts (kaju)||3 table spoon|
|Cinnamon stick (Dalchini)||½” piece|
|Cloves (laung)||2-3 pieces|
|Green Cardamom seeds (Chhooti elaichi)||2|
|Poppy seeds (khus khus)||1 table spoon|
|Ginger(adrakh)||½ tea spoon|
- 1. Dip fenugreek leaves in salted hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and wash well in running water. Press out well to remove as much water as possible to reduce the bitterness of the leaves. Keep aside.
- 2. Beat cream till smooth and keep aside.
- 3. Make a smooth paste of cashew nuts, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom seeds, poppy seeds and ginger in a grinder.
- 4. Heat butter, add cumin seeds and asafetida and stir them for 30 seconds. Add onion and green chilli and fry it till the onion becomes golden in colour.
- 5. Add curd and cook it for further 5 minutes.
- 6. Add the prepared ground paste mixture and cook it for 5 -7 minutes. Add peas and fenugreek leaves cook it for 5-6 minutes.
- 7. Add salt, sugar and water and simmer the gravy till it thickens.
- 8. Add cream and serve hot.
- Recipe Type : Curries, Green Vegetables, Vegetarian
No comments yet.