- 1. Heat clarified butter (ghee) in a pan. Fry Foxnuts (makhana) in this and keep aside.
- 2. Cut cottage cheese (paneer) into small pieces and set aside.
- 3. Break cashew nuts into two pieces and keep aside.
- 4. Take onion, tomato, garlic, ginger, poppy seeds and red chillies in a blender jar and make a smooth paste.
- 5. Heat clarified butter (ghee) in a pan, and add paste of spices and cook till it starts separating oil.
- 6. Add turmeric powder, dried fenugreek leaves, salt and brown sugar and cook them for further 2-3 minutes.
- 7. Now add fried makhana, cashew nuts and cottage cheese and further cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- 8. Then add a cup of water and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- 9. Once gravy becomes thick, finish it by adding cream and hot spices and put the flame off.
- 10. Serve “Paneer Makhana curry” with nan or tandoori roti.