Khoya Matar Recipe
Khoya Matar is one of my favourite vegetable, which is prepared quickly and is having very rich flavour. I often prepare this recipe in my parties and guests enjoy it a lot. Khoya/ Mawa is coagulated milk which is prepared by condensing milk into solid. If I have time, then I prefer to make mawa (coagulated milk) at home, otherwise I get it from some dairy. Freshness of coagulated milk is essential for this recipe, so it is better to check freshness before purchasing.
Another key ingredient is green peas, which I always use fresh. Preserved peas can also be used, but I have experienced that fresh pea gives better result. A handsome amount of dry fruits are added to the curry which has noteworthy effect on flavour. Garnishing with sesame seeds and crushed red chillies make the dish heavenly.
How to make Khoya Matar Recipe
|Green peas (hara matar)||1 ½ cup|
|Coagulated milk (khoya)||200 grams|
|Cashew nuts (Kaju) broken||¼ cup|
|Onion (payaz) paste||½ cup|
|Ginger garlic (adrakh lahsan) paste||1 table spoon|
|Tomatos (tamater) puree||3-4 table spoon|
|Red chilli (lal mirch) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Red chillies (lal mirch) crushed||½ table spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi) powder||¼ tea spoon|
|Coriander (dhaniya) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Vegetable Oil||3-4 table spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch) chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Sesame seeds (til) roasted||2 table spoon|
|Raisins (kismis)||2 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
- 1. Roast the coagulated milk slightly, remove it from flame and keep aside.
- 2. Boil green peas and keep aside.
- 3. Heat up oil in a pan, mix in onion paste and stir fry till pink.
- 4. Mix in ginger-garlic paste and tomato puree and cook it till oil gets separated.
- 5. Mix in turmeric, coriander powder and red chilli powder and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Now add boiled peas and stir it well.
- 7. Then add salt, roasted khoya and stir for 3-4minutes.
- 8. Mix in broken cashew nuts and raisins and stir it further for few minutes.
- 9. Take it off from heat.
- 10. Sprinkle cut green chillies, roasted sesame seeds and crushed red chillies.
- 11. Serve “Khoya matar” hot with Nan or Roti.