Prawn Palak Rice
Prawn palak rice is an unique recipe, which is very nutritious and easy to cook as well. This a rice which is prepared with a unique combination of spinach and rice. This combination may sound little wired but trust me it is ultimate inIt is easy to cook. Prawn is saute mildly with onion, tomato , green chilles and spinach . then boiled is added and is seasoned with very mild spices. Then it is topped with spinach and serve hot.
Trust me if you will try this once, you will forget to eat Biryani.
|Basmati Rice (basmati chawal)||2 cup|
|Medium size Prawns||15-20 pieces|
|Star aniseeds (chakr phool)||2|
|Onions (payaz),sliced||½ cup|
|Garlic (lahsan), crushed||1 tea spoon|
|Tomato (tamater), sliced||1 tea spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||2 table spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch), powder||½ tea spoon|
|Vegetable oil||4-5 table spoon|
|Butter||4-5 table spoon|
- 1. Clean, wash and soak rice for an hour.
- 2. After an hour boil rice in sufficient water with star anise and little salt until just cooked.
- 3. Once cooked remove it from flame and add little vegetable oil and keep aside.
- 1. Wash, drain and chop spinach into thin slices.
- 2. Heat enough vegetable oil in a deep pan and, fry 1/4th of the spinach and keep aside for decoration.
- 3. Devein and wash prawns and sprinkle some salt and turmeric.
- 4. Heat little oil in a pan and shallow fry the prawns and keep aside.
- 5. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Now add tomato slices and green chillies and stir it further for couple of minutes.
- 7. Now add prawns and spinach and cook it further 7-8 minutes.
- 8. Then adjust salt and black pepper and add rice.
- 9. Mix it with light hand and garnish it with fried spinach.