|Rice (chawal)||2 cup|
|Big Prawns||500 gm|
|Mixed vegetables (broccoli, beans, capsicum etc.), cubed||1 cup|
|Onion (payaz), cubed||½ cup|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Garlic (lahsan) crushed||2 table spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Butter (makkhan)||4-5 table spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh), grated||1 tea spoon|
|Garlic (lahsan), crushed||1 tea spoon|
|Sesame (til ka tel) oil||1 tea spoon|
|Red chilli flakes (kuti lal mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Soy sauce||¼ cup|
|Brown sugar||4 table spoon|
|Honey (shahad)||1 table spoon|
|Salt (namaka)||¼ tea spoon|
|Corn starch||1 table spoon|
- 1. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and ginger and stir it.
- 2. In a medium bowl, stir together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, salt and red chilli flakes.
- 3. Add this mixture to pan and let it boil for 1 minute.
- 4. In a small bowl, stir together the water and cornstarch. Add this to sauce mixture and keep it stirring, until it begins to thicken. Set it aside.
For Prawns & Veggies
- 1. Wash and devein Prawns and sprinkle salt and pepper on it.
- 2. Heat butter in a pan, add prawns and sauté it for 3-4 minutes and keep it aside.
- 3. Chop vegetables in cubes.
- 4. Again heat little butter in same pan, add onion and crushed garlic and stir it for 2 minutes.
- 5. Now add vegetables and fry it for 5-7 minutes.
- 6. Sprinkle salt, pepper and chilli flakes and keep it aside.
- 1. Clean, wash and drain rice and keep them aside.
- 2. In a pot, boil enough water with salt and ½ tea spoon of oil. Add the rice to the hot water and cook it without the lid.
- 3. When the rice becomes just cooked, remove the pot from fire and strain the rice.
- 1. Pre heat your oven at 200 C.
- 2. Grease a baking pan with 2 table spoons of butter; add a layer of rice on it.
- 3. Then sprinkle half of the sauce and add a layer of vegetables.
- 4. Then add prawns and then again sprinkle sauce.
- 5. Cover the pan and bake the casserole for 15 minutes.
- 6. Enjoy delicious “Prawn Casserole”.
- Recipe Type : Non vegetarian, Prawns, Rice / Biryani
No comments yet.