Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe
|Basmati rice||1 cup|
|Carrots, beans, capsicum finely chopped||½ cup|
|Onions, finely chopped||1 medium|
|Celery (optional) finely chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Garlic finely chopped||½ tea spoon|
|Green chillies finely chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Schezwan sauce||2 table spoon|
|Black Pepper||½ tea spoon|
|Rice Vinegar||1 tea spoon|
|Vegetable Oil||2 table spoon|
|Chopped spring onion|
- 1. Clean, wash and drain rice and keep them aside.
- 2. In a pot, boil enough water with salt and ½ tea spoon of oil. Add the rice to the hot water and cook it without the lid.
- 3. When the rice becomes just cooked, remove the pot from fire and strain the rice.
Preparing Schezwan Fried Rice
- 1. Finely chop carrot, beans and capsicum and keep them separately.
- 2. Heat oil in a wok, add garlic and green chillies sauté it for 15 to 20 seconds.
- 3. Add the onions, celery and all the vegetables, increase the flame and stir fry the vegetables on a high heat.
- 4. Keep on stirring and tossing the vegetables on a high heat continuously for 5-6 minutes.
- 5. Now add the Schezwan sauce and stir it for 30 seconds.
- 6. Once veggies are cooked add the rice mix and toss the rice with the veggies gently.
- 7. Season it with salt, pepper and vinegar, stir and toss it well so that the sauce coats all the rice grains evenly.
- 8. Garnish the schezwan fried rice with the spring onions greens.