|Vegetable Oil||for frying|
|Whole red chilli||2|
|Sichuan peppers||4-5 pieces|
|Onion sliced||1 medium|
|Garlic finely chopped||5-6 cloves|
|Red chilli paste||1 tea spoon|
|Soy Sauce||½ tea spoon|
|Vinegar||1 tea spoon|
|Sugar||½ tea spoon|
|Corn starch||2-3 table spoon|
|Spring Onion Green (chopped)|
- 1. Peel and cut potatoes into 10 -12 thick wedges. Heat water and par boil potato wedges and immediately drain the hot water. (Boil the potatoes for approximately 3-4 minutes only).
- 2. Now transfer these potatoes in chilled water and leave it for 2 hours in fridge.
- 3. After 2 hour drain out the water and completely dry the potatoes. Now dust 1 table spoon of cornstarch on potatoes.
- 4. Add ½ tea spoon of cornstarch in 3-4 table spoon of water and keep aside.
- 5. Heat enough oil in a pan and deep fry the potatoes on low flame till they become golden in colour.
- 6. Heat 2 table spoon of oil in a wok, put whole chilli and stir fry briefly. Immediately add Sichuan peppers, onion and garlic.
- 7. Mix chilli paste, ajinomoto, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt in ¼ cup of water in a bowl and add this to pan.
- 8. Now, add hot golden potatoes in the pan and toss it.
- 9. Finish it with prepared cornstarch- water mixture and stir fry it for 30 seconds.
- 10. Garnish it with chopped spring onion and serve hot.
- Recipe Type : Indo chinese, Starters
No comments yet.