|All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Water to make batter||as required|
|Onion sliced in rings||½ cup|
|Carrot chopped in fine stripes||¼ cup|
|Cabbage shredded||½ cup|
|Capsicum thinly sliced||¼ cup|
|Garlic minced||½ tea spoon|
|Green Chili chopped||½ tea spoon|
|Soya Sauce||½ tea spoon|
|Chilli sauce||1 tea spoon|
|White Pepper Powder||½ tea spoon|
|Oil||1 tea spoon|
- 1. Sift flour and add salt, egg and water and make a smooth batter. (Batter should be thin in consistency).
- 2. Heat a flat non-stick pan and add a big spoon of batter, and make very thin pancakes. (Don’t use oil at this step).
- 3. Cook only one sides of the pancake and immediately remove it from flame.
- 4. Repeat the process with the rest batter.(reserve some batter for pasting the rolls).
- 1. To make the filling heat 2-3 table spoon oil in a wok, add garlic and green chilies stir fry for 10-15 seconds. Add onion and fry it for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add carrots, capsicum and cabbage and cook tossing the vegetables until they are crisp-tender.
- 3. Add the salt, pepper and soya sauce and chilli sauce, cook stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Set aside the filling to cool.
- 1. To make the spring rolls place 2-3 table spoon of the filling in the center of each pancake.
- 2. Fold in the sides and form a tight roll, sealing the edge with the reserved batter.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the rolls until golden in colour.
- 4. Cut the rolls and serve hot with dip.