|Boiled eggs (ubla anda)||8|
|Onions (payaz), finely chopped||2 cups|
|Tomatoes (tamater), finely chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic (lahsan), paste||2 table spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh) paste||1 table spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch), powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Fennel seeds (saunf), powder||½ tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam masala)||1 tea spoon|
|Red chilli (lal mirch) powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi) powder||1/2 tea spoon|
|Curry leaves (curry patta)||1 spring|
|Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras)||2 table spoon|
|Chopped coriander (hara dhaniya)||3-4 table spoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 table spoon|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||3 table spoon|
|Basmati rice (basmati chawal)||2 cups|
|Onions (payaz) finely sliced||2 small|
|Cinnamon (dalchini) stick||1″ piece|
|Black peppercorns (kali mirch)||8-10 pieces|
|Cloves (laung)||3-4 pieces|
|Brown cardamom (badi elaichi)||2|
|Coriander leaves (hara Dhaniya), finely chopped||1/4 cup|
|Butter (Makhkhan)||1/2 stick|
- 1. Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
- 2. Heat clarified butter in a large, heavy bottomed pan.
- 3. Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and black pepper and cook it for 30 seconds.
- 4. Add sliced onions and cook until it turns golden in colour. Add curry leaves and stir it for 30 seconds
- 5. Now add the drained rice and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Add 2 cups of water and salt and cook the rice for 8- 10 minutes or till rice is done.
- 7. Once done, take it off from heat and set aside. (Avoid overcooking)
- 1. Marinate the boiled eggs in ½ tea spoon of turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside.
- 2. Heat 4-5 table spoon of oil in a non-stick pan.
- 3. Add boiled eggs in oil and fry till it becomes golden and then remove it from flame.
- 4. In the remaining oil add onions, and cook it well till it becomes golden in colour.
- 5. Add the curry leaves, ginger and garlic and sauté it for about 1 minute.
- 6. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, hot spices and fennel powder and stir it
- 7. Add tomatoes and cook till oil gets separated.
- 8. Now add fried eggs along with the chopped coriander and mint leaves and cook it for 5-7 minutes.
- 9. Add half cup of water and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- 10. Add salt and lemon juice and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
- 11. Remove it from flame.
- 1. Take a big heavy bottom pan.
- 2. Place some butter at the base. Now add half of the rice in the pot.
- 3. Then add a layer of egg. Sprinkle some chopped green coriander over it.
- 4. Now place a layer of remaining rice over it.
- 5. Then add some more butter and cover this pan with the lid.
- 6. Seal the lid by sticking it with some chapati dough.
- 7. Cook this on very low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- 8. Serve “Egg Biryani” with raita and salad.
- If you find assemble process complicated, here is simple way for it.
- Layer the Biryani in an oven proof bowl, cover the bowl.
- Now micro it on 20% power for 25-20 minutes.